Saturday, May 26, 2012

Rob Loves Paula @ 24 fps






 
To honor the 50th birthday of one of my favorite singers of all time, Paula Abdul, I look forward to sharing with all of you my "blue-screen finale". I've coined it "Vogue Boy Returns" because it will be unveiled on June 19th, 2012, the 20th anniversary of Tim Burton's "Batman Returns", and because I've become detached from that "Vogue Boy" since he became a viral figure. (Trippy, huh?) Speaking of 'detached', I must warn you all that the Paula Abdul song I thought I would be lip-synching to turned out to be a re-recording by a karaoke cassette artist. As such, the video lacks the spark of my tribute to Madonna's immortal "Vogue", but I hope these photos attest to its continued effectiveness as a source of amusement.

Psst! It's now online: http://vimeo.com/robertjeffrey/coldhearted ! ;)






 







 











08/08/12 ADDENDUM: Thank you all for making this my most popular post on RobWorld!! :) My tribute to "Cold Hearted" was featured on Boy Culture and PerezHilton.com as well as being shared on Facebook and Twitter by The Born This Way Blog and the makers of the upcoming film I Am Divine. All of these amazing people helped make my "Vogue Boy" video a viral success, and thanks to their championing of "Vogue Boy Returns", the video went on to be viewed 10,000 times in its first week! Better yet, it was seen by the single most AWESOME possible viewer: Paula Abdul!! On June 26th she answered a Tweet from Perez Hilton asking if she had seen my home movie...and my inner nine year old is still flying high from her reply.






4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU Mark & Larvotto!! I truly cannot wait to share the video with both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing Robert ! Thanks for sharing your beauty with us all. I wish I had movies of my Michael Jackson dancing when I was a kid ! Your dancing and passion are so uplifting, thanks! xxoo. Sean

    ReplyDelete